Divided States of Women, hosted by Liz Plank, is a community that aims to disrupt the idea that there is a uni-dimensional female perspective.
The surprising results of the 2016 election brought to light the long-held deep divisions among women in America. Yet the female perspective in America has often been covered and discussed as if we’re just one single group and has failed to capture the diversity and complexity that makes up women’s identities and perspectives.
In the video series, produced in partnership with Comcast, Liz digs into controversial issues that affect every woman in America, uncovering an array of opinions and stories through unfiltered conversations and playful social experiments. The podcast, co-hosted with Hitha Herzog, Liz’s conservative counterpart, explores the multifaceted debates that concern the modern American woman, discussing both current news topics and more pervasive issues.
Divided States of Women is a space to share experiences so that our community can uncover the multifaceted, intersectional debates that make up the life of the modern American woman. We may not unify American women, but it will encourage them to have productive discussions with their friends, family and or even strangers on the internet. At a time where there is so much polarization, we want to model what reaching out to the other side can look like. We are living through tumultuous times where political conversations can be heavy, but we believe they can also be fun. At a time where trust in the media is at its lowest, we want to lead by example by representing as many voices as possible, on as many issues we can. No pundits, no talking points: Just real women. Maybe that’s exactly what America needs.
- Liz Plank - Host & Executive Producer
- Nishat Kurwa - Executive Producer, Podcast
- Amanda McCall - Showrunner
- Samhita Mukhopadhyay - Editorial Director
- Meghan Cetera - Engagement Editor
- Ashley Bearden - Supervising Producer
- Kimberly Selden - Segment Producer
- Brittany Gooden - Associate Producer
- Charlotte Morabito - Associate Producer
- Sara Massetti - Post Production Supervisor
- Daphne Gomez-Mena - Editor
- Emily Chao - Editor
- Jessica Windt - Assistant Editor
- Jacquie Cosgrove - Ancillary Editor
- Alina Sodano Production - Assistant